Sometimes when you call API you have to use TLS 1.2 for HTTPS communication for older SSIS PowerPack version (older than 220.127.116.1128) otherwise you might get error like this one. If you want TLS 1.2 feature in SSIS 2012 then you have following options
For SSIS 2012 or Higher
There are 3 ways you can enable TLS 1.2 in SSIS 2012
- Install a newer version (18.104.22.16828 or higher) and use System Default for SSLS/TLS if you have .net framework 4.5 or higher installed. This option is the easiest way to enable TLS 1.2 Support.
- If above is not working for you for some reason then try to select TLS 1.1 or Higher option from the Dropdown on the Advanced Tab.
JSON Source, REST API Task, Web API Destination and XML Source support the below settings on Advanced Tab.
- A third way to enable TLS 1.2 is using below one line C# code in a SSIS Script Task.
NOTE: This approach only works if .net framework 4.5 is installed on that machine.
Drag new script task... Call it very first task before you call any API. (First step in the package). Edit script task and enter below one line before Dts.TaskResult line.
//768 = tls1.1 , 3072=tls 1.2
// Enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2
System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (System.Net.SecurityProtocolType)768
// OR -- JUST TLS 1.2
System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (System.Net.SecurityProtocolType)3072;
For SSIS 2014, 2016 or Higher
No action needed (TLS1.2 is already enabled by default)
For SSIS 2008 / R2
Select TLS 1.1 or Higher option from the Dropdown on the Advanced Tab (as per above screenshot).
Update SSL Version in API Source and API Destination
In the API Source or Destination under the API Connection, you can change the SSL Version.
- Open the API Connection
- Check Mark Show Advanced Parameters
- Check Mark Show - Add Custom Parameter Option
- Select Property from the Parameter Type Drop Down
- Select SslVersion Property
- Click on Add Button to add the New Parameter
- In the Advanced Properties, you can change the SslVersion
If you have more question(s) feel free to contact us via Live chat or email to email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.