In this post we will learn how to call REST API in SSIS which requires OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials Grant Type.
To learn more about other OAuth 2.0 Grant Types in SSIS check this post
In Client Credentials Grant Type you don't need to click Generate Token on SSIS OAuth connection manager UI. Basically when you call API it will go to Token URL and request new token each time before any API call. It will use CLientID and ClientSecret to authenticate your request to get new token. Once token is obtained it will be used automatically for any API calls made by tasks like SSIS REST API Task or SSIS JSON Source
How to call REST API in SSIS using OAuth 2.0 Client Credential Grant (Bronto API Example)
Let's look at an some example of calling API in SSIS using OAuth 2.0 Client Credential Grant (We will use Bronto API as an example)( https://help.bronto.com/bmp/reference/r_api_rest_orders_add.html - See Java Code on that page)
- We assume you already have SSIS PowerPack Installed. If not Download From Here (It's free for Visual Studio).
- After SSIS PowerPack is installed. Open Visual Studio to create a new SSIS Package
- Drag ZS REST API Task from the toolbox. Double click it to edit
- Select Mode to URL from Connection
- Now click New OAuth Connection and Configure it like below and click OK and now you ready to call API using OAuth Client Credential Grant
NOTE : If you use Client Credential Grant Type then no need to click Generate Token on SSIS OAuth COnnection Manager