I have created several Data Sources on ZappySys Data Gateway and ODBC DSN. Now I like to transfer them to another server with exact same settings OR you created User DSN but now like to create System DSN with exact same setting. How can I do this?
We don't provider bulk export tool right now for all data sources but you can easily export setting for single data source using below technique (export one data source at a time).
For example let's say you have data sources defined on DEV Server and now you like to setup same data sources on PROD. You can use below steps.
Export Settings from DSN / Data Gateway
If you like to export ODBC / Gateway Data Source setting then use below steps.
Go to Source Machine (e.g. DEV)
To export Data Gateway Settings: Search "gateway" in windows search and Choose ZappySys Data Gateway
To export ODBC Settings: Search "odbc" in windows start menu search and choose ODBC App
- Select your Data Source from the list and Click Edit (for gateway) or Configure Button (For odbc).
- Once Data Source UI is open we need to copy two pieces somewhere in notepad.
- First copy data source name from Top portion
- Second Click Copy Connection String.
You might see below option when you click Copy Connection String:
Choose 3rd option (All Settings) if you want to Transfer everything including Custom Stored Procs / Virtual Tables
Go to Target Machine (e.g. PROD)
- Once you have connection string of original data source you can go to target machine and create new data source on ODBC or Data Gateway.
- Name New data source exact same way as original source.
- Once blank UI show up you can click on Load Connection String
- Repeat these steps for each data source setting you like to transfer.
Export All Data Sources from Gateway UI
In new version 1.1.4 and higher now you can export all data sources in a single step. See below screenshot.
If you have more question(s) feel free to contact us via Live chat or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.