I have created several Data Sources on ZappySys Data Gateway and ODBC DSN. Now I like to transfer them to another server with exact same settings. How can I do this?
We don't provider bulk export tool right now for all data sources but you can easily export setting for single data source using below technique (export one data source at a time).
For example let's say you have data sources defined on DEV Server and now you like to setup same data sources on PROD. You can use below steps.
Export Settings from DSN
If you like to export ODBC DSN setting then use below steps.
Go to Source Machine (e.g. DEV)
- Open your Gateway Data Source settings by Click Edit. If you want to export DSN Setting then open DSN.
- Once Data Source UI is open we need to copy two pieces somewhere in notepad.
- First copy data source name
- Second Click Copy Connection String.
Go to Target Machine (e.g. PROD)
- Once you have connection string of original data source you can go to target machine and create new data source on ODBC or Data Gateway.
- Name new data source exact same way as original source.
- Once blank UI show up you can click on Load Connection String
- Repeat these steps for each data source setting you like to transfer.
Export All Data Sources from Gateway UI
In new version 1.1.4 and higher now you can export all data sources in a single step. See below screenshot.