When you run SSIS Package inside Visual Studio it works fine but when you run via command line or SQL Agent Job or via SSMS you may get the following error.
The system tried to search for the following license types
Description: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80131500
License type [SSIS_PP_TRIAL] not found.
[SSIS_PP_ENT, SSIS_PP_PRO, …….., SSIS_SALESFORCE_SRC, SSIS_PP_TRIAL] under the following path
[C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\SSISPowerPack] but no valid license found.
Additional information >>> LoggedInUser=MYDOMAIN\MYSERVICEACCOUNT >> RunAsUser=MYDOMAIN\MYSERVICEACCOUNT >>> Path access=True >> >> TempFolder=C:\Windows\TEMP\ [Read/Write=OK,OK] >>
License Files Scanned  ==>
C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\SSISPowerPack\SSIS_PP_TRIAL.lic.1304xxxxxxxx (CreatedOn=Jan 1,2018)
C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\SSISPowerPack\SSIS_PP_STD.lic.1305xxxxxxxx (CreatedOn=Mar 1,2018)
Please read this link for more information => https://zappysys.com/links/?id=10021.
Inner error=> License type [SSIS_PP_TRIAL] not found or its expired.
You are running TRIAL build, if you have paid license then you must download full version
There can be multiple reasons for this error but in nutshell, this error occurs when no valid license found for the feature you are trying to use and at last system tried to search TRIAL license which is also expired. This error only occurs when you run package outside Visual Studio (i.e. Run via JOB or Command Line) where actual license check happens.
If you see this Message in Visual Studio Designer during Debug Process
then please ignore because it may be just informational message
(Blue Icon = Information , Red Icon=Error)
Notes: We have fixed license permission related issues in the Latest Version.
Please Download the Latest version and install it with Typical default setting
and test it out.
Few common reasons to check for this error.
For Paid Customers
- There can be permission errors Click here to learn more.
- Make sure you have a valid license (under License Manager) for the Product / Component Type you are using.
- Make sure you are only using component(s) / features which are part of your license type. You can compare features here. The error message may give you clue which License Type is being checked... e.g. in our example you see ...., SSIS_PP_PRO, …….., SSIS_SALESFORCE_SRC, SSIS_PP_TRIAL.... under the ...... Where Its checking Salesforce Source License but as you see in next line under ... License Files Scanned  .... \ZappySys\SSISPowerPack\SSIS_PP_STD.lic.1305xxx.... where you have Standard Edition License but Salesforce component is found only in Pro Edition. You can Contact Sales for Upgrade request if you really need a component which not part of your license. If the upgrade is not an option then you have to remove that component from the package.
- Sometimes license is Expired (For Subscription users) or License becomes invalid if machine re-imaged or renamed. Contact Support to fix this issue.
- You may also get this error due to Account Permission if you deployed package to File System in SSMS. Create SSIS Catalog and after that re-deploy SSIS Project to under catalog and run again see it helps.
For Trial Users
- Make sure your trial is not expired - Check under license manager . You can also observe error fragment where it says ... License Files Scanned  .... \ZappySys\SSISPowerPack\SSIS_PP_TRIAL.lic.1304xxx....(CreatedOn=Jan 1,2018) ... Basically, this is the date when Trial Started and if you got 30 days Trial you find if its expired or not based on the day when you get the error. Contact Support to get a trial extension for few more days.
- Try to give Read/Write permission to All Users below way see it helps?
- Go to C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\XXXXPowerPack, select the license file(s) for your product and then grant Read and Read & execute permissions to group Users. Also, do the same thing for folders:
- Files Permission: C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\XXXXXPowerPack
- Folder Permission: C:\ProgramData\ZappySys\
Run using SQL Proxy Account
If nothing works try to use SQL Proxy account to run your Job. See Workaround #1 click here.